- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
Question of the Day
In a little-noticed news item, the FBI said a Minnesota Muslim man was responsible for a suicide bombing in Somalia, prompting comment from conservative sites that monitor both jihad and immigration.
According to a report from Twin Cities ABC affiliate KSTP-TV Channel 5 Shirwa Ahmed was a naturalized U.S. citizen of Somali birth who blew himself up in an attack in northern Somalia in October.
“The FBI and Homeland Security are investigating whether Shirwa Ahmed had developed a terrorist recruiting network in the area,” KSTP reported, adding, “More than a dozen young men of Somali descent, mostly in their 20s, from the Minneapolis area have recently disappeared, [say] U.S. law enforcement officials … All are thought to be associates of Ahmed.”
The station added that U.S. officials suspect the missing men have departed for Somalia rather than planning to attack the United States, but said the officials could not be sure until the men can be tracked down.
Robert Spencer’s Jihad Watch noted the context of the Twin Cities’ large population of Somalis engaging in “Stealth Jihad efforts” and cited service workers’ attempts to gain a right to refuse to handle alcohol and pork products.
“Have any authorities stopped to consider the question of whether we really want to import into the United States people who would blow themselves up as suicide bombers? Why not?” He asked.
Ed Morrissey at Hot Air adds that the story “does call into question the wisdom of allowing any more Somalis to enter the U.S. while it serves as a terrorist training ground. CIA Director Michael Hayden has warned recently about al Qaeda efforts to rebuild itself in the Horn of Africa region, including Somalia, and their apparent success in combining with local groups to bolster their funding and training.”
That the media is in the tank for President-elect Barack Obama has been a longstanding complaint of conservative bloggers.
Now al Qaeda is joining in agreement. (Talk about unwanted allies.)
Ayman al-Zawahiri, the Islamist terror group’s No. 2, condemned Mr. Obama recently as a “house Negro,” prompting worldwide criticism, including from black American Muslims, who objected to the riff off the words of Malcolm X. Al Qaeda supporters on Muslim and jihad forums worldwide say their leader’s words were twisted by biased media.
“After observing international press reporting on the incident, these same supporters are now bitterly attacking the media for its ‘unfair’ pro-Obama bias and for deliberately ‘confusing’ the meaning of al-Zawahiri’s message,” writes Evan Kohlmann of the Counterterrorism Blog.
The dry observation from the pseudonymous Stable Hand at the Jawa Report: “Suck it up, al Qaeda supporters.”
Thanksgiving killjoy I
About the Author
- Senate Democrats plan bill to reimpose Obamacare birth-control mandate
- '12 Years a Slave,' 'Gravity' take top honors at Oscars
- Cruz, Lee among top scorers in ACU conservative survey
- CNN to cancel Piers Morgan show amid ratings collapse
- Lineman likely to become NFL's first openly gay player
Latest Blog Entries
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Germany wins World Cup title on Mario Goetze goal in extra time
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Obama's 'blank check' rejected as border solution
- Inside the Beltway: White House grade slips to 'F'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs