- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
THOMAS: Mumbai explained
Question of the Day
“You’ve got to be taught to hate and fear
“You’ve got to be taught from year to year
“It’s got to be drummed in your dear little ear
“You’ve got to be carefully taught.”
(“South Pacific,” music and lyrics by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein)
Looking at the faces of two young men who were among the purveyors of death at Mumbai, India’s Taj Mahal and Oberoi hotels, Chhattrapati Shivaji Terminus station and Leopold’s restaurant, makes Westerners recoil, and not just in horror. We also question how anyone could be so insensitive to the value of human life. See song lyric above.
The killers - these and others over many years - use Islam as the foundation for their indoctrination, coupling it with the belief that Western society is weak and unwilling to do what is necessary to properly defend itself. They have literally bet their lives that the West will meet their force with something less commanding. And that is why they have infiltrated - and are infiltrating - Britain, much of Western Europe, America (and India) through immigration and high birthrates.
President-elect Barack Obama, who once pledged to “sit down” with America’s enemies, may have second thoughts after watching the carnage in Mumbai. A caller to one media outlet, a man representing himself as one of the terrorists, said Indian occupation of “Muslim land” was the reason for the attack. How do you negotiate with that? Do we give them all of Earth, move to the moon and start over, controlling who gets to follow? Radical Muslim doctrine considers all land potential, or actual, “Muslim land.”
The British media are full of stories claiming some of the Mumbai killers were taught in Islamic schools in Britain and radicalized by fanatical imams before heading to Pakistan for weapons training. This is nothing new. The terrorists who bombed three London subway trains and a bus in 2005 were found to be part of this web of hate involving Islamic schools, radical mosques, fanatical imams and operational trainers in Pakistan. Then-Prime Minister Tony Blair attempted to shut down the most offensive mosques and deport the imams of hate. His efforts produced mixed results, thanks to opposition from British civil liberties groups that are more concerned with protecting terrorists than their targets. Some imams were deported, but many others remain and new terrorists are being incubated in Britain and other European nations.
The Daily Mail Online reported Sunday that a banned Islamic terrorist group helped underwrite the Mumbai attacks with cash raised in British mosques.
According to the Daily Telegraph, Britain’s Security Service, MI5, “has identified about 2,000 individuals who pose a direct threat to national security and public safety and believes the number of potential terrorists living in this country [Britain] could run to 4,000.”
Writing in the Telegraph, columnist Philip Johnston notes, “It is difficult to prevent someone traveling to Pakistan ostensibly to visit their grandmother or uncle. An estimated 400,000 trips a year are made by Britons of Pakistani origin to their ancestral homeland.”
What is needed in Britain - and America - is a change in the thinking that naively believes that simply exposing foreign nationals to our way of life means they will “catch” it as they might the flu. Allowing immigrants from nations in which the dominant religion mandates the forced subordination of every other faith (or no faith) and their subjugation through state power under Shariah law, increases the likelihood of more attacks.
About the Author
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq