- George W. Bush to embattled Alabama kicker: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
- NSA chief defends phone spying: ‘There is no other way’
- Hawaii Health Department head killed in plane crash
- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl’s hand
- Australia court strikes down 5-day-old, gay-marriage law
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: ‘Sorry,’ I have schizophrenia
THOMAS: Mumbai explained
Question of the Day
“You’ve got to be taught to hate and fear
“You’ve got to be taught from year to year
“It’s got to be drummed in your dear little ear
“You’ve got to be carefully taught.”
(“South Pacific,” music and lyrics by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein)
Looking at the faces of two young men who were among the purveyors of death at Mumbai, India’s Taj Mahal and Oberoi hotels, Chhattrapati Shivaji Terminus station and Leopold’s restaurant, makes Westerners recoil, and not just in horror. We also question how anyone could be so insensitive to the value of human life. See song lyric above.
The killers - these and others over many years - use Islam as the foundation for their indoctrination, coupling it with the belief that Western society is weak and unwilling to do what is necessary to properly defend itself. They have literally bet their lives that the West will meet their force with something less commanding. And that is why they have infiltrated - and are infiltrating - Britain, much of Western Europe, America (and India) through immigration and high birthrates.
President-elect Barack Obama, who once pledged to “sit down” with America’s enemies, may have second thoughts after watching the carnage in Mumbai. A caller to one media outlet, a man representing himself as one of the terrorists, said Indian occupation of “Muslim land” was the reason for the attack. How do you negotiate with that? Do we give them all of Earth, move to the moon and start over, controlling who gets to follow? Radical Muslim doctrine considers all land potential, or actual, “Muslim land.”
The British media are full of stories claiming some of the Mumbai killers were taught in Islamic schools in Britain and radicalized by fanatical imams before heading to Pakistan for weapons training. This is nothing new. The terrorists who bombed three London subway trains and a bus in 2005 were found to be part of this web of hate involving Islamic schools, radical mosques, fanatical imams and operational trainers in Pakistan. Then-Prime Minister Tony Blair attempted to shut down the most offensive mosques and deport the imams of hate. His efforts produced mixed results, thanks to opposition from British civil liberties groups that are more concerned with protecting terrorists than their targets. Some imams were deported, but many others remain and new terrorists are being incubated in Britain and other European nations.
The Daily Mail Online reported Sunday that a banned Islamic terrorist group helped underwrite the Mumbai attacks with cash raised in British mosques.
According to the Daily Telegraph, Britain’s Security Service, MI5, “has identified about 2,000 individuals who pose a direct threat to national security and public safety and believes the number of potential terrorists living in this country [Britain] could run to 4,000.”
Writing in the Telegraph, columnist Philip Johnston notes, “It is difficult to prevent someone traveling to Pakistan ostensibly to visit their grandmother or uncle. An estimated 400,000 trips a year are made by Britons of Pakistani origin to their ancestral homeland.”
What is needed in Britain - and America - is a change in the thinking that naively believes that simply exposing foreign nationals to our way of life means they will “catch” it as they might the flu. Allowing immigrants from nations in which the dominant religion mandates the forced subordination of every other faith (or no faith) and their subjugation through state power under Shariah law, increases the likelihood of more attacks.
About the Author
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Washington Post to readers: Send us your gun violence stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Study IDs reasons for late-term abortions
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl's hand
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
Buzz on Bees is a column promoting the love and life of God’s greatest pollinators on earth: The Honeybee
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow