- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
• Bethesda asset-management company American Capital Strategies said it invested $66 million in Avalon Laboratories Inc., a California biological research company.
• Fairfax infrastructure engineering company Horne International said it formed an alliance with Forecon EcoMarket Solutions, a Chicago environmental consultant, to broker global carbon offset projects.
• GateKeeper USA Inc., a Gaithersburg provider of maritime container protection services, said it signed an exclusive development and licensing agreement with Container Security Logistics LLC, a border security company.
GateKeeper will have distribution rights to Container Security’s container protection technology.
• Richmond insurance and risk management firm Hilb Rogal & Hobbs Co.agreed to acquire substantially all the assets of Talty Insurance Agency Inc., a Denver insurance company, for an undisclosed sum.
• Fairfax technology consultant SRA International Inc. said it won a three-year, $17.9 million contract to provide law-enforcement analysis and information technology to the Department of Homeland Security.
• Arlington mobile communications and computing company Avalon Technology said it won a $93 million contract to sell its services to 13 federal agencies.
• Reston real estate developer NVR said net income for its fourth quarter fell 50 percent to $67.2 million ($11.72 per share) from $135.1 million ($20.86) a year ago.
• Access National Corp., a Reston bank holding company, said fourth-quarter net income fell 73 percent to $625,000 (6 cents) from $2.3 million (19 cents) a year ago.
• Hunt Valley, Md., wireless network technology company Tessco Technologies said net income for its third quarter fell 16 percent to $1.5 million (29 cents) from $1.8 million (31 cents) a year ago.
The Democratic leader's calumnies rival those of Joe McCarthy
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Russian bombers buzz U.K. airspace; jets scrambled to chase off 'Bears'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014