- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Question of the Day
Suicide bomb kills 40 on pilgrimage
HILLA — A suicide bomber detonated a vest packed with metal ball bearings in a tent full of pilgrims heading to a Shi’ite festival yesterday, killing at least 40 persons and wounding 60, police said.
Women and children were among the victims of the attack in the town of Iskandariyah, 25 miles south of Baghdad, police said. It was one of the deadliest attacks in Iraq this year.
Most of the victims were hit by the ball bearings, said a doctor at a hospital in Hilla, where many were taken.
New centrifuges said to speed work
TEHRAN — The government said yesterday that it has started using new centrifuges that can churn out enriched uranium at more than double the rate of the machines that Iran has been using.
U.S. ambassador expresses outrage
BELGRADE — The U.S. ambassador to Serbia expressed outrage yesterday at rioters who set fire to the American Embassy in Belgrade and demanded that Serbian leaders prevent any more violence against diplomatic missions.
Ambassador Cameron Munter also criticized Serbian political leaders who have defended the riots as a “legitimate” form of protest over Kosovo’s independence declaration.
“That kind of incendiary language … is leading further to the diplomatic isolation of Serbia, which is in nobody’s interest,” Mr. Munter told the Associated Press.
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Paul Rondeau exposes the propaganda, media tricks, and government policies that undermine our families, faith, freedom…and even life itself
Implement these actionable tips, how-to’s and best practices in 10 minutes or less to leverage online communications and technology for brand, business and career development.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow