- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Dad eyed in teens’ death
From combined dispatches
Two Dallas-area teenage sisters were fatally shot this week, and police were hunting last night for their fugitive father, an Egyptian Muslim immigrant.
Police found Sarah Yaser Said, 17, and Amina Yaser Said, 18, dead of gunshot wounds Tuesday night in a taxi in an Irving parking lot. The taxi was owned by their father, Yaser Abdel Said, whom authorities were seeking last night on a double capital-murder warrant.
According to the Dallas Morning News, police were looking into whether Mr. Said was upset with the dating activities and Western ways of the two teens. Both girls had MySpace.com pages with photos of them clowning around and dressed like typical American teens.
A friend of the dead girls told a Dallas TV station that Mr. Said was critical of popular American lifestyles.
Sarah “always told me that she was always so scared of her dad,” Kathleen Wong told CBS affiliate KTVT. “At school if a teacher joked around like, ‘I’m gonna tell your parents about this,’ she would like totally flip out and start crying like, ‘Please don”t tell.’ ”
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.