- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
Children and Family
Question of the Day
National Portrait Gallery
Eighth and F streets NW. 202/633-1000.
• “Let your Motto Be Resistance: African American Portraits.” Portrait story drop-in family program with a children’s biography of Jackie Robinson. Education Center and DWRC Galleries. Noon-4 p.m. Feb. 9. 202/633-8501.
The National Theatre
Saturday Morning at The National, 1321 Pennsylvania Ave. NW. Performances for young people at 9:30 and 11 a.m. Admission free but seating limited. Tickets required and are distributed first-come, first-served 30 minutes before show time. 202/783-3372, www.nationaltheatre.org and click on the “Saturday Morning” logo.
• “The Nicolo Whimsey Show.” Circus skills and carnival comedy with juggling, pantomime and a musical saw. Feb. 2.
• “Just-So-Stories.” Young and old help tell tales of romance and adventure. Feb. 9.
• Mary Ann Jung’s Pee Wee Pirate Show. Learn pirate jargon and shipshape etiquette in a voyage on the high seas. Feb. 23.
Puppet Company Playhouse
• “Alice in Wonderland.” A new look at Lewis Carroll’s tale. Grades K-6. 10 and 11:30 a.m. Wednesday-Friday; 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Through Feb. 24. $8.
Schlesinger Concert Hall and Arts Center
Northern Virginia Community College, 3001 N. Beauregard St., Alexandria. 703/845-6156, www.nvcc.edu/schlesingercenter
• The Paper Bag Players: “On Top of Spaghetti.” 10:30 a.m. Feb. 19. 800/777-2247, www.thepaperbagplayers.org
THEARC (Town Hall Education, Arts and Recreation Campus)
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Rick Perry: County jails in Texas have taken in 203,000 "criminal aliens"
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq