- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
- Publisher unveils Hillary Clinton’s new memoir — ‘Hard Choices’
Snyder’s six guns
Coach: Norv Turner
Key question: How long will a brash new owner who lives to fire people put up with the laid-back coach hired by his predecessors?
High point: The Redskins beat the Lions on Jan. 8, 2000, for their first playoff win in seven years.
Low point: Consecutive home losses to the Eagles and Giants in December 2000 put the Redskins on the brink of elimination.
The outcome: Turner failed to reach the playoffs in his first five seasons with the club but won the NFC East in Snyder’s first year of ownership. The Redskins, with a roster bolstered by high-profile free agents such as Deion Sanders and Bruce Smith, were Super Bowl favorites in 2000. A promising start went bad, and Turner was fired with three games remaining.
Coach: Terry Robiskie
Key question: Can a popular, longtime assistant reverse the Redskins’ slide and catapult them to a second straight playoff berth?
High point: Dec. 4, the day Robiskie was named the Redskins’ first black head coach.
About the Author
- For Chargers' Turner, there's no turning back
- Ailing Heyer hanging 'tough' for Redskins
- Redskins' Williams out for season finale
- NFL Rewind
- Redskins Grades
Latest Blog Entries
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.