- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Snyder’s six guns
Question of the Day
Coach: Norv Turner
Key question: How long will a brash new owner who lives to fire people put up with the laid-back coach hired by his predecessors?
High point: The Redskins beat the Lions on Jan. 8, 2000, for their first playoff win in seven years.
Low point: Consecutive home losses to the Eagles and Giants in December 2000 put the Redskins on the brink of elimination.
The outcome: Turner failed to reach the playoffs in his first five seasons with the club but won the NFC East in Snyder’s first year of ownership. The Redskins, with a roster bolstered by high-profile free agents such as Deion Sanders and Bruce Smith, were Super Bowl favorites in 2000. A promising start went bad, and Turner was fired with three games remaining.
Coach: Terry Robiskie
Key question: Can a popular, longtime assistant reverse the Redskins’ slide and catapult them to a second straight playoff berth?
High point: Dec. 4, the day Robiskie was named the Redskins’ first black head coach.
About the Author
- For Chargers' Turner, there's no turning back
- Ailing Heyer hanging 'tough' for Redskins
- Redskins' Williams out for season finale
- NFL Rewind
- Redskins Grades
Latest Blog Entries
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!