- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Snyder’s six guns
Question of the Day
Coach: Norv Turner
Key question: How long will a brash new owner who lives to fire people put up with the laid-back coach hired by his predecessors?
High point: The Redskins beat the Lions on Jan. 8, 2000, for their first playoff win in seven years.
Low point: Consecutive home losses to the Eagles and Giants in December 2000 put the Redskins on the brink of elimination.
The outcome: Turner failed to reach the playoffs in his first five seasons with the club but won the NFC East in Snyder’s first year of ownership. The Redskins, with a roster bolstered by high-profile free agents such as Deion Sanders and Bruce Smith, were Super Bowl favorites in 2000. A promising start went bad, and Turner was fired with three games remaining.
Coach: Terry Robiskie
Key question: Can a popular, longtime assistant reverse the Redskins’ slide and catapult them to a second straight playoff berth?
High point: Dec. 4, the day Robiskie was named the Redskins’ first black head coach.
About the Author
- For Chargers' Turner, there's no turning back
- Ailing Heyer hanging 'tough' for Redskins
- Redskins' Williams out for season finale
- NFL Rewind
- Redskins Grades
Latest Blog Entries
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq