- Jimmy Carter’s grandson makes gains in governor’s race in Georgia
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al Qaeda training camps
- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
Obama vows to establish own faith office
Mr. Obama announced his faith-based agenda in the swing state of Ohio, where he fared poorly with religious voters and lost the Democratic primary to Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton 54 percent to 44 percent. Catholics and Protestants, who made up about 55 percent of Democratic primary voters in Ohio, picked Mrs. Clinton 62 percent to 36 percent, an MSNBC exit poll showed.
“The fact is, the challenges we face today - from saving our planet to ending poverty - are simply too big for government to solve alone,” he said Tuesday. “We need all hands on deck.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Stephen Dinan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No comment on petition to deport Bieber
- Red-state Democrats blast latest Keystone delay
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador's visa, but says law is 'advisory'
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
Latest Blog Entries
Steven A Miller
- Massachusetts 'tossup' threatens Obama agenda
- Weiner blasts health care 'negotiation'
- Democrats chart dim midterm course
- McCain slams court decision
- Kaine: GOP 'civil war' ace in hole
Latest Blog Entries
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.