2008 MOCK NBA DRAFT
1. Chicago Bulls - Derrick Rose (PG, Fr., 6-3, Memphis)
The draft gurus describe the Chicago native as a franchise-saving point guard with the quickness of New Orleans’ Chris Paul and the strength and defensive skills of Utah’s Deron Williams.
2. Miami Heat - Michael Beasley (F, Fr. 6-8, Kansas St.)
With Miami shopping the No. 2 pick, the team could change, but Beasley’s spot likely won’t.
3. Minnesota Timberwolves - O.J. Mayo (SG, Fr., 6-4, 200, USC)
If the T’Wolves don’t succeed in moving up to No. 2, they have said they will take Mayo.
4. Seattle SuperSonics - Jerryd Bayless (PG, Fr., 6-3, Arizona)
Often compared to Gilbert Arenas, Bayless has great athleticism, quickness and shooting ability.
5. Memphis Grizzlies — Kevin Love (C/F, Fr. 6-10, UCLA)
Swingman Mike Miller last season led the Grizzlies in rebounding. Love would give them the physical paint presence they lack.
6. New York Knicks — Russell Westbrook (PG, So., 6-4 UCLA)
A slashing combo guard with great ups, Westbrook also is a standout defender.
7. Los Angeles Clippers — Eric Gordon (SG, Fr., 6-3, Indiana)
Another combo guard with a deadly jump shot, Gordon has helped his stock in workouts.