- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: ‘Jesus Christ is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
Wizards beat writer Mike Jones breaks down the winners and losers from Thursday night's NBA Draft.
FRIDAY'S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
The Orioles make their debut at Nationals Park as the “Battle of the Beltways” comes to Washington again.
THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
Euro 2008 final
-- Spain looks to secure its first Euro title since 1964, while Germany seeks to secure a fourth win and a place as one of the most successful teams in tournament history. Germany's Michael Ballack may be the best European player never to have won a World Cup or Euro title.
D.C. United vs. Los Angeles Galaxy
-- Beckham's back, and this time he's healthy and playing well. United will have its hands full dealing with the most potent attack in MLS.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
-- Kyle Busch got out of his minislump with a win last week on the road course in Sonoma. Will he rack up another victory in New Hampshire? He won there in 2006.
Nationals vs. Orioles
-- Everyone talks about the Nationals' “plan” for rebuilding, but the truth is the Orioles have done a much better job of putting together a respectable young team.
TWT FIVE “ BEST EUROPEAN SOCCER NATIONS
1.Germany/West Germany - The West Germans reached six World Cup finals between 1954 and 1990, winning three times, and took two European titles. A unified Germany snagged a Euro title in 1996.
2. Italy - No European team has won more World Cups than the Italians, who have won four times, the last in 2006. Italy also won the Euro title in 1968.
3. France - Won the World Cup title in Paris in 1998 and might have won again in 2006 if Zendine Zidane had kept his cool. The French also took home Euro titles in 1984 and 2000.
4. Netherlands - Took the Euro title in 1988 and reached the World Cup final in 1974 and 1978.
5. England - Won the World Cup in 1966 as the host nation and has recorded two third-place finishes in the Euro.
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes