- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Teeing off with a can-do attitude
Question of the Day
Heck, I’d settle for a shot of his van arriving at the Woods manse.
Doesn’t it bother you, just a little, that the Wizards sent their second-round pick to the Celtics for, ahem, “cash considerations?” Last I checked, Abe Pollin’s team finished 23 games behind the NBA champs.
Then again, the Wizards did beat Boston three out of four last season. They must figure the Celts need some help.
Sorry, but I just hate the selling of players and draft picks. To me, it’s bad for any league - except perhaps the WNBA. If I were the Mystics, I’d be happy to exchange my second-rounder for cash - as long as it was Swin Cash.
On the subject of the Celtics, their first-round pick, guard J.R. Giddens, has an older sister named Porsche, according to the University of New Mexico Web site. Because Giddens was only the 30th pick, though, he’ll likely have to settle for a Mercedes, at least for starters.
Match the basketball-playing J.R. with his real first name(s):
1. J.R. Giddens.
2. J.R. Smith.
3. J.R. Reid.
4. J.R. Rider.
About the Author
Dan Daly has been writing about sports for the Washington Times since 1982. He has won numerous national and local awards, appears regularly in NFL Films’ historical features and is the co-author of “The Pro Football Chronicle,” a decade-by-decade history of the game. Follow Dan on Twitter at @dandalyonsports –- or e-mail him at email@example.com.
- DALY: Rookies RG3, Alfred Morris hold their own against two Browns greats
- DALY: Players soon may equate Redskins with winning
- DALY: Quarterbacks waste no time making impact
- DALY: Just the tip of the iceberg for these Redskins
- DALY: Striking a balance integral to Redskins’ success
Latest Blog Entries
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world