- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Gene Mueller: Chumming begins
In the Chicamuxen Creek, guide Andy Andrzejewski fished with two guests and they hooked more than a dozen bass and two Northern snakeheads. Snakeheads also were caught in the Mattawoman, along with bass.
Occoquan delivers plenty - From Fountainhead Park, ranger Smokey Davis says the grass is up on main-lake points and the mouths of major coves and late-spawning bass have moved into it. Weedless rigged plastic will catch them. The crappies like small minnows under a bobber. Look for blowdowns and beaver dams on the main lake. Popping bug fly-rodders score on bluegills that are just beginning to spawn.
Shenandoah bass are willing - Front Royal’s Dick Fox said the fishing is great for smallmouth bass. The Shenandoah is in great shape, and they are hitting anything you throw.
*Look for Gene Mueller’s Outdoors column Sunday and Wednesday and his Fishing Report on Thursday, only in The Washington Times. E-mail: email@example.com.
About the Author
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.