Outlet:Mike Jones offers the latest on Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett, live from the NBA Finals in Boston.
TODAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
For anyone fortunate enough to be in front of a TV early on a Friday morning, it’s time for the French Open men’s semifinals. 10 a.m., Chs. 4, 11
TWT FIVE - FRENCH OPEN MEN’S CHAMPIONS
1. Bjorn Borg. The dominant Swede won six times in Paris, including four in a row between 1978 and 1981. His career record at the French Open was 49-2.
2. Rafael Nadal. Only 22, Nadal has won three French Open titles and has yet to lose a match in the process.
3. Gustavo Kuerten. The flashy Brazilian won titles in 1997, 2000 and 2001. A true clay court specialist, he never made it past the third round of another Grand Slam.
4. Ivan Lendl. He came back from two sets down to beat John McEnroe in the 1984 final, his first Grand Slam tournament win. He then went on to win in 1985 and 1987, securing his place as one of the best baseliners of the 1980s.
5. Mats Wilander. He won titles in 1982, 1985, 1988, continuing the tradition of great results for Swedes in France. Here’s an interesting stat: between 1978 and 1989, all but one French Open final featured at least one Swedish player.
THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
Lakers. Celtics. No, it’s not the 1980s again. And no one’s wearing short shorts (thank goodness).
Big Brown is dealing with a quarter crack on his hoof and has to start from the rail. His trainer is a loudmouth. Say what you want, he’s going to win anyway.View Entire Story
By Rand Paul
Obama acts as though we no longer have a Constitution
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
History doesn't have to be grim; there is a lot to be learned from the pages of time.
Contributions to the Communities Sports desk from readers.
Implement these actionable tips, how-to’s and best practices in 10 minutes or less to leverage online communications and technology for brand, business and career development.
A politically conservative and morally liberal Hebrew alpha male hunts left-wing viper
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall
NRA kicks off annual convention
California wildfires wreak havoc