- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
EDITORIAL: Jim Webb for vice president?
“And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”
After Mr. Obama’s comments were reported, his presidential campaign faltered badly, due in part to those remarks and in part to the anti-American ravings of the Bill Ayers.
In choosing Mr. Webb as a running mate, Mr. Obama would be selecting a Republican-turned-Democrat who is a reliably liberal vote on issues ranging from taxes to the war in Vice President Dick Cheney and other supporters of the war did not serve in combat.
Many Democrats figured that with Iran without preconditions.
Another reason to put Mr. Webb on the ticket is that Democrats have a chance to carry Virginia in the presidential election - something that has not happened since 1964. A new Rasmussen poll has Mr. McCain slightly ahead of Mr. Obama in the state (47 percent to 44 percent). But it remains to be seen exactly how much added political strength Mr. Webb (who defeated incumbent Republican George Allen in November 2006 by 9,000 votes out of more than 2.3 million) would bring to the national Democratic ticket in Virginia.
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Kirsten Dunst: Actress sparks feminist ire: 'You need a man to be a man'
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes