- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
Dan Daly: What’s the frequency? No Hooters allowed
Question of the Day
Looking forward to the Baseball All-Star Game festivities, especially Kevin Youkilis in the Bat-Throwing Competition.
It was Youkilis’ dugout tirades, apparently, that caused the flare-up between him and Red Sox teammate Manny Ramirez the other day. That is, unless Youk just made the mistake of trying to clean Manny’s helmet.
ESPN’s Chris Berman explaining why he doesn’t read blogs (as quoted by the San Diego Union-Tribune): “I really am an Internet idiot. … Look, criticism’s been around since, I don’t know, Julius Caesar. If they had blogs then, they would have been all over those guys.”
Elsewhere in sports, the Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association is trying to push through a measure that prevents fans from going shirtless at indoor high school events. Let me guess: If the proposal goes through, violators will face stiff fines - but the money will be donated to the Community, uh, Chest.
And finally …
Only in Wisconsin, site of the celebrated “Ice Bowl” between the Packers and Cowboys, would they try to ban toplessness indoors but not outdoors.
About the Author
Dan Daly has been writing about sports for the Washington Times since 1982. He has won numerous national and local awards, appears regularly in NFL Films’ historical features and is the co-author of “The Pro Football Chronicle,” a decade-by-decade history of the game. Follow Dan on Twitter at @dandalyonsports –- or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DALY: Rookies RG3, Alfred Morris hold their own against two Browns greats
- DALY: Players soon may equate Redskins with winning
- DALY: Just the tip of the iceberg for these Redskins
- DALY: Quarterbacks waste no time making impact
- DALY: Striking a balance integral to Redskins’ success
Latest Blog Entries
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
- Costco to re-stock Dinesh D'Souza's 'America' after public outry
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
- CURL: Obama turning millennials into Republicans
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener