- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Sept. 29, 2004: After the District of Columbia promises to finance and build a ballpark along the Anacostia River, Major League Baseball announces the relocation of the Montreal Expos to Washington for the 2005 season.
Dec. 21, 2004: By a 7-6 vote, the D.C. Council approves a financing plan for the ballpark.
Feb. 8, 2006: Just after midnight, the D.C. Council votes 9-4 to approve a lease agreement for the ballpark, a measure it rejected hours earlier. The agreement calls for a cap on the city’s contribution to the project.
March 6, 2006: Major League Baseball signs off on the lease agreement for the stadium, allowing construction of the facility to move forward.
May 4: 2006: The District holds an official groundbreaking ceremony at the site of the new ballpark.
Oct. 5, 2006: The stadium construction team accepts delivery of the first piece of steel for the ballpark, a key step in ensuring the project can be completed on time.
July 11, 2007: The stadium construction team celebrates the “topping out” of steel at the ballpark.
March 6, 2008:The Nationals plant the last of the 14 cherry trees that line the entrance to Nationals Park.
March 22, 2008: Nationals Park hosts a college baseball game between George Washington and St. Joseph’s.
March 29, 2008:The Nationals and Orioles are scheduled to play an exhibition game at Nationals Park.
March 30, 2008:The Nationals and Atlanta Braves play the first official game at Nationals Park, a contest televised nationally on ESPN.
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
- CURL: We completely overhauled American health care to insure 4.2 million people?
- California gun store owner refuses to hand over customer list
- Bill Maher: God a 'psychotic mass murderer' who 'drowns babies'
- Firefighters discover church's Bible in Harlem rubble following gas explosion
- Crimea votes in favor of secession, U.S. rejects
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Trust me: Obama promises new overtime rules will be 'easier for everyone'
- McCaul offers scenario where missing Malaysian jet lands in hostile country to be use as missile
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014