- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Movers and Shakers
Question of the Day
ASSOCIATIONS, GOVERNMENT & NONPROFITS
• Matt Erskine was named executive director of the Greater Washington Initiative at the Greater Washington Board of Trade. GWI produces research and markets the Washington area to company representatives and site location consultants. Mr. Erskine previously served as deputy secretary of commerce and trade under former Virginia Gov. Mark Warner.
HIGH TECHNOLOGY & TELECOMMUNICATIONS
• Morris Nunes was named chief executive officer of Bob Ross Inc., a Chantilly media company that produces the show “The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross.” Mr. Nunes previously worked at a private law practice and served as outside general counsel for Bob Ross Inc.
• Rene Quashie was named associate in the Health Practice Group in the D.C. office of Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP, a Philadelphia law firm. She previously worked at Fulbright & Jaworski LLP of Houston.
• Haywood Talcove was named chief executive officer of LexisNexis Special Services Inc., a D.C. company that provides data fusion technology to government agencies. Mr. Talcove previously worked as a vice president for Juniper Networks, a network security company in Sunnyvale, Calif.
• Michael Newland was promoted to vice president of construction at Opus East LLC, a Rockville real estate development company. Mr. Newland has worked for Opus East since 2006.
RETAIL & HOSPITALITY
• Simon Smith was named general manager of the Goodstone Inn & Estate in Middleburg, Va. Mr. Smith previously served as director of lodging and restaurant manager for Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tenn.
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq