ASSOCIATIONS, GOVERNMENT & NONPROFITS
• Matt Erskine was named executive director of the Greater Washington Initiative at the Greater Washington Board of Trade. GWI produces research and markets the Washington area to company representatives and site location consultants. Mr. Erskine previously served as deputy secretary of commerce and trade under former Virginia Gov. Mark Warner.
• Lee Smith was named director of the renovation division of Mason Dixon Funding, a Rockville mortgage lender. Mr. Smith previously worked for Wells Fargo.
HIGH TECHNOLOGY & TELECOMMUNICATIONS
• Morris Nunes was named chief executive officer of Bob Ross Inc., a Chantilly media company that produces the show "The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross." Mr. Nunes previously worked at a private law practice and served as outside general counsel for Bob Ross Inc.
• Rene Quashie was named associate in the Health Practice Group in the D.C. office of Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP, a Philadelphia law firm. She previously worked at Fulbright & Jaworski LLP of Houston.
• Haywood Talcove was named chief executive officer of LexisNexis Special Services Inc., a D.C. company that provides data fusion technology to government agencies. Mr. Talcove previously worked as a vice president for Juniper Networks, a network security company in Sunnyvale, Calif.
• Michael Newland was promoted to vice president of construction at Opus East LLC, a Rockville real estate development company. Mr. Newland has worked for Opus East since 2006.
RETAIL & HOSPITALITY
• Simon Smith was named general manager of the Goodstone Inn & Estate in Middleburg, Va. Mr. Smith previously served as director of lodging and restaurant manager for Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tenn.