- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
Ex-DMV worker admits to bribes
A former D.C. Department of Motor Vehicles employee yesterday admitted to issuing roughly 200 driver’s licenses to foreign nationals ineligible to receive them.
Patricia E. Gonzalez, 39, of Takoma Park, pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court to receipt of a bribe by a public official. She admitted to issuing the licenses without requiring proper documentation or verifying personal information of the applicants.
Gonzalez also said she entered false information into the department’s system and used her override authority to have it accept the data and issue the licenses. In exchange, she received bribes from $500 to $1,000.
Gonzalez faces a maximum of 15 years in prison and a $250,000 fine when she is sentenced Aug. 14.
Father enters plea in children’s deaths
A Rockville man has pleaded not criminally responsible to charges he drowned his three children at a Baltimore hotel.
He had been involved in a custody dispute with his estranged wife.
Seized slots funds given to police
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- PRUDEN: The scam that will not die
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- White House is obstructing probe on Navy Yard shooter, NSA leaker, Darrell Issa says
- We told you so: Conservatives foresaw polygamy ruling
- Colorado revolt: 55 of 62 sheriffs refuse to enforce new gun laws
- Senators in rush to pass budget vow to undo cut to military retirement pay
- Embassy Row: India strikes back over diplomat's arrest
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Uncensored exploration of issues concerning current events, civil liberties, American political advocacy, and the political and social issues facing military veterans.
NFL junkie Eric Golub reports on his favorite obsession. There is no football offseason. Every February he pretends to care about other sports while sobbing uncontrollably each Sunday until September.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow