- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
Inside the Beltway
“Reagan’s Rancho Mirage House for Sale!”
So read the posting on the Web site of Michael Reagan, the eldest son of former President Ronald Reagan, who yesterday sold the California home of his late mother, actress Jane Wyman, at the Rancho Mirage Country Club.
We read that Mr. Reagan inherited the three-bedroom, 2 1/2-bath residence on Bob Hope Drive, one of the community’s original model homes, upon his mother’s death in September.
The single-level Montebello plan, which “boasts over 2,370 square feet of living space with soaring 20-foot ceilings and walls of glass that look out to the private pool and spa,” sold for about the $699,000 asking price, we’re told. Included in the purchase price was Mrs. Wyman’s complete bedroom set.
Upon her death last year, Mr. Reagan said, “I have lost a loving mother, my children have lost a loving grandmother, my wife has lost a loving friend she called ‘Mom,’ and Hollywood has lost the classiest lady to ever grace the silver screen.”
c John McCaslin can be reached at 202/636-3284 or jmccaslinwashingtontimes .com.
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Sen. Rand Paul: Supreme Court needs to re-examine Fourth Amendment
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Dick Cheney: Family feud over gay marriage has been 'dealt with'
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Sen. Rand Paul: Long-term unemployment benefits are disservice to workers
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Let it snow
White House pets gone wild!