- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Judges stance bolsters McCain
Question of the Day
Conservatives said they need to try tactics other than judicial confirmations to advance their agenda.
Mrs. Schlafly said the countermeasures discussed at yesterday’s “training meeting” were Congress’ use of the U.S. Constitution’s Article 3 to withdraw jurisdiction from the federal courts over matters such as the Pledge of Allegiance, the Ten Commandments and the Boy Scout Oath.
She also said Congress could adopt a bill from Rep. Dan Burton, Indiana Republican, to revamp how legal fees are awarded “to stop this racket of the ACLU’s collecting attorney’s fees when they win a case under the exception clause, which is intimidating to local school boards or counties which might have a cross on their seal or might have the Ten Commandments on their wall.”
She said in many cases the school district simply removes the offending symbol rather than incur the legal and court costs of defending their right to display the symbols.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world