- Herman Cain profiled in ‘Political Power’ comic book
- Hagel renews Qatar defense pact despite differences over Iran, Syria
- Fire departments fear Obamacare will gut volunteer ranks
- Rep. Alan Grayson loses $18M in stock scheme
- Christmas secularists get 6-foot beer-can Festivus pole at Florida Statehouse
- George Zimmerman’s girlfriend flips on assault: Let ‘my boyfriend’ go
- Lululemon Athletica chairman quits after firestorm over his fat-thighs comment
- CBS’ beleaguered Lara Logan gets a cheerleader — Dan Rather
- Jesus tops list as most significant figure in history; Mohammed at 4th
- See a drone? ‘Shoot it down,’ says Colorado ordinance
The minority farm-bill vote
On May 14, Republicans demonstrated why, in 2006, they became the minority party.
The 35 Republican senators who supported the odious farm bill: Lamar Alexander, Wayne Allard, John Barrasso, Kit Bond, Sam Brownback, Jim Bunning, Richard Burr, Saxby Chambliss, Thad Cochran, Norm Coleman, Bob Corker, John Cornyn, Larry Craig, Mike Crapo, Elizabeth Dole, Michael Enzi, Lindsey Graham, Charles Grassley, Orrin Hatch, Kay Bailey Hutchison, James, Inhofe, Johnny Isakson, Mel Martinez, Mitch McConnell, Pat Roberts, Jeff Sessions, Richard Shelby, Gordon Smith, Olympia Snowe, Arlen Specter, Ted Stevens, John Thune, David Vitter, John Warner and Roger Wicker.
The 100 Republican representatives who supported this bill: Robert Aderholt, Rodney Alexander, Spencer Bachus, Roscoe Bartlett, Joe Barton, Gus Bilirakis, Tim Bishop, Roy Blunt, Jo Bonner, John Boozman, Charles Boustany, Kevin Brady, Henry Brown, Ginny Brown-Waite, Vern Buchanan, Steve Buyer, Dave Camp, Shelley Moore Capito, John Carter, Howard Coble, Tom Cole, Mike Conaway, Barbara Cubin, Geoff Davis, David Davis, Lincoln Diaz-Balart, Mario Diaz-Balart, John Doolittle, Thelma Drake, Jo Ann Emerson, Phil English, Terry Everett, Mary Fallin, Randy Forbes, Jeff Fortenberry, Elton Gallegly, Wayne Gilchrest, Phil Gingrey, Louie Gohmert, Bob Goodlatte, Sam Graves, Ralph Hall, Doc Hastings, Wally Herger, Peter Hoekstra, Kenny Hulshof, Tim Johnson, Walter Jones, Steve King, Jack Kingston, John Kline, Randy Kuhl, Ray LaHood, Tom Latham, Steven LaTourette, Robert Latta, Frank Lucas, Don Manzullo, Kenny Marchant, Michael McCaul, Thaddeus McCotter, John McHugh, Cathy McMorris Rodgers, Candice Miller, Tim Murphy, Marilyn Musgrave, Randy Neugebauer, Steve Pearce, John Peterson, Chip Pickering, Todd Platts, Ted Poe, Jon Porter, Adam Putnam, George Radanovich, Ralph Regula, Denny Rehberg, Rick Renzi, Tom Reynolds, Harold Rogers, Mike Rogers (AL), Mike Rogers (MI), Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Bill Sali, John Shimkus, Bill Shuster, Mike Simpson, Adrian Smith, Lamar Smith, Mark Souder, John Sullivan, Mac Thornberry, Mike Turner, Fred Upton, Tim Walberg, Greg Walden, James Walsh, Ed Whitfield, Rob Wittman and Don Young.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Nevada rescuers frenzied to find 4 kids, 2 adults lost in snow
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama eulogizes Mandela, calls him 'the last great liberator'
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- EDITORIAL: Colorado ruling takes the cake
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
The pursuit of all that is joyous in travelling the globe is the essence of The Good Life, whether its Hawaii or the South of France.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow