- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs, Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
The minority farm-bill vote
On May 14, Republicans demonstrated why, in 2006, they became the minority party.
The 35 Republican senators who supported the odious farm bill: Lamar Alexander, Wayne Allard, John Barrasso, Kit Bond, Sam Brownback, Jim Bunning, Richard Burr, Saxby Chambliss, Thad Cochran, Norm Coleman, Bob Corker, John Cornyn, Larry Craig, Mike Crapo, Elizabeth Dole, Michael Enzi, Lindsey Graham, Charles Grassley, Orrin Hatch, Kay Bailey Hutchison, James, Inhofe, Johnny Isakson, Mel Martinez, Mitch McConnell, Pat Roberts, Jeff Sessions, Richard Shelby, Gordon Smith, Olympia Snowe, Arlen Specter, Ted Stevens, John Thune, David Vitter, John Warner and Roger Wicker.
The 100 Republican representatives who supported this bill: Robert Aderholt, Rodney Alexander, Spencer Bachus, Roscoe Bartlett, Joe Barton, Gus Bilirakis, Tim Bishop, Roy Blunt, Jo Bonner, John Boozman, Charles Boustany, Kevin Brady, Henry Brown, Ginny Brown-Waite, Vern Buchanan, Steve Buyer, Dave Camp, Shelley Moore Capito, John Carter, Howard Coble, Tom Cole, Mike Conaway, Barbara Cubin, Geoff Davis, David Davis, Lincoln Diaz-Balart, Mario Diaz-Balart, John Doolittle, Thelma Drake, Jo Ann Emerson, Phil English, Terry Everett, Mary Fallin, Randy Forbes, Jeff Fortenberry, Elton Gallegly, Wayne Gilchrest, Phil Gingrey, Louie Gohmert, Bob Goodlatte, Sam Graves, Ralph Hall, Doc Hastings, Wally Herger, Peter Hoekstra, Kenny Hulshof, Tim Johnson, Walter Jones, Steve King, Jack Kingston, John Kline, Randy Kuhl, Ray LaHood, Tom Latham, Steven LaTourette, Robert Latta, Frank Lucas, Don Manzullo, Kenny Marchant, Michael McCaul, Thaddeus McCotter, John McHugh, Cathy McMorris Rodgers, Candice Miller, Tim Murphy, Marilyn Musgrave, Randy Neugebauer, Steve Pearce, John Peterson, Chip Pickering, Todd Platts, Ted Poe, Jon Porter, Adam Putnam, George Radanovich, Ralph Regula, Denny Rehberg, Rick Renzi, Tom Reynolds, Harold Rogers, Mike Rogers (AL), Mike Rogers (MI), Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Bill Sali, John Shimkus, Bill Shuster, Mike Simpson, Adrian Smith, Lamar Smith, Mark Souder, John Sullivan, Mac Thornberry, Mike Turner, Fred Upton, Tim Walberg, Greg Walden, James Walsh, Ed Whitfield, Rob Wittman and Don Young.
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Dick Cheney: Family feud over gay marriage has been 'dealt with'
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Sen. Rand Paul: Long-term unemployment benefits are disservice to workers
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!