- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
- Joy Behar: Sarah Palin should be ‘turning letters over on some game show’
- Rhino poacher in South Africa sentenced to 77 years in jail
- John Kerry defies FAA and flies to Israel to talk peace
- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
Dichio boosts Toronto
Question of the Day
Toronto (4-2-2) hasn’t lost since a 4-1 defeat in the home opener for United (2-7-0) on April 5.
Dichio capitalized after D.C. United defender Devon McTavish failed to get much of his foot on a poor back pass. With United goalie Zach Wells out of position and sprawled on the ground, Dichio tipped it home while being hauled down by McTavish for his second goal of the year.
Toronto is unbeaten in its past seven games at BMO Field, a streak that dates to September for the second-year franchise. It was Toronto’s first win against D.C. United in five attempts. The teams meet again Saturday at RFK Stadium.
Toronto goalkeeper Greg Sutton earned his fourth shutout in five games. In the 64th minute, he stepped in front of Brazilian-born midfielder Fred to block a header from in close after a wonderful cross from Marcelo Gallardo. The rebound ended up back at Fred’s foot, but it deflected high and wide.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Contrasting judgments on Obama's health care hours apart; appeals court calls subsidies unlawful
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq