- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Dichio boosts Toronto
Question of the Day
Toronto (4-2-2) hasn’t lost since a 4-1 defeat in the home opener for United (2-7-0) on April 5.
Dichio capitalized after D.C. United defender Devon McTavish failed to get much of his foot on a poor back pass. With United goalie Zach Wells out of position and sprawled on the ground, Dichio tipped it home while being hauled down by McTavish for his second goal of the year.
Toronto is unbeaten in its past seven games at BMO Field, a streak that dates to September for the second-year franchise. It was Toronto’s first win against D.C. United in five attempts. The teams meet again Saturday at RFK Stadium.
Toronto goalkeeper Greg Sutton earned his fourth shutout in five games. In the 64th minute, he stepped in front of Brazilian-born midfielder Fred to block a header from in close after a wonderful cross from Marcelo Gallardo. The rebound ended up back at Fred’s foot, but it deflected high and wide.
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq