- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Question of the Day
CHICO OUTLAWS - Sold the contract of RHP Chris Malone to Colorado (NL).
EDMONTON CRACKER CATS - Agreed to terms with LHP Steve Smyth and RHP Agustin Montero.
ORANGE COUNTY FLYERS - Agreed to terms with INF-OF Jeff LaRue, RHP Monte Mansfield, INF Gered Mochizinski and OF Mark Okano. Placed RHP Ben Fox, INF Bret Levier, RHP Mike Natale and OF Rich Pohle on the suspended list for failure to report.
RENO SILVER SOX - Released RHP Shawn Balteff, OF Andrew Lopez, RHP James Johnson and OF Brian Rzepka. Placed RHP Scott Schneider on the inactive list.
YUMA SCORPIONS - Agreed to terms with RHP Jean-Carlos Guillen and C Jose Rodriguez. Released C Pat Burgess, LHP Trevor Caughey, RHP Michael Oberg, OF Alhaji Turay and RHP Aaron Wilson.
Canadian Football League
B.C. LIONS - Named Chuck McMann special teams coordinator and running backs coach, Jacques Chapdelaine receivers coach, Mark Washington defensive backs coach and Roy Shivers director of player personnel.
CALGARY STAMPEDERS - Traded P Duncan O’Mahony to Edmonton for a conditional 2009 Canadian college draft pick.
WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS - Signed LB-LS Jordan Matechuk, OL Will Henry and LB Justin Clayton.
PHOENIX COYOTES - Signed G Joel Gistedt.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Murdered teen texted boyfriend: 'OMG ... I think I'm being kidnapped'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in defamation case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world