- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
CHICO OUTLAWS - Sold the contract of RHP Chris Malone to Colorado (NL).
EDMONTON CRACKER CATS - Agreed to terms with LHP Steve Smyth and RHP Agustin Montero.
ORANGE COUNTY FLYERS - Agreed to terms with INF-OF Jeff LaRue, RHP Monte Mansfield, INF Gered Mochizinski and OF Mark Okano. Placed RHP Ben Fox, INF Bret Levier, RHP Mike Natale and OF Rich Pohle on the suspended list for failure to report.
RENO SILVER SOX - Released RHP Shawn Balteff, OF Andrew Lopez, RHP James Johnson and OF Brian Rzepka. Placed RHP Scott Schneider on the inactive list.
YUMA SCORPIONS - Agreed to terms with RHP Jean-Carlos Guillen and C Jose Rodriguez. Released C Pat Burgess, LHP Trevor Caughey, RHP Michael Oberg, OF Alhaji Turay and RHP Aaron Wilson.
Canadian Football League
B.C. LIONS - Named Chuck McMann special teams coordinator and running backs coach, Jacques Chapdelaine receivers coach, Mark Washington defensive backs coach and Roy Shivers director of player personnel.
CALGARY STAMPEDERS - Traded P Duncan O’Mahony to Edmonton for a conditional 2009 Canadian college draft pick.
WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS - Signed LB-LS Jordan Matechuk, OL Will Henry and LB Justin Clayton.
PHOENIX COYOTES - Signed G Joel Gistedt.
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Snow storm sucker punch: U.S. hit by winter wave
- Syria mess may spawn 'Islamic emirate' world must deal with, says Iraq's top diplomat
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
- GORDON: Purging America's military
- Obamacare's bold vision turns murky: Health reform downsized, promises broken
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!