- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Question of the Day
Amtrak sued over shares
The lawsuit, filed May 19 in U.S. District Court in Cincinnati, claims Amtrak broke its promise to become a for-profit venture in the 37 years since Congress formed it to take over U.S. intercity rail service. American Financial seeks the return of its $52 million investment, plus unspecified damages.
American Financial owns about 5.2 million shares in Amtrak. The suit says the company made bad decisions and its stock is now worthless. American Financial Group says it wants $52 million and interest.
An Amtrak spokesman said the company hadn’t reviewed the lawsuit.
The rail line is heavily subsidized by Congress and loses about a $1 billion a year.
Fatal funeral crash probed
State police are investigating a fatal accident that occurred after county officers stopped traffic on Route 97 for a funeral procession, Anne Arundel County police said.
Traffic was stopped for the funeral of the father of a county officer. About 45 vehicles had stopped safely to allow the procession to pass when the accident occurred Friday morning, county police said.
The department has assisted at least 150 funeral processions over the past year and determinations on whether to provide assistance are made on a case-by-case basis, county police said.
A 31-year-old pregnant woman and her baby died in the five-vehicle crash, according to state police.
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world