- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
The Crosby show
Question of the Day
Pittsburgh had 15 of them last night in the first 40 minutes.
“The attention was there. The work ethic was there in Game 2, but the structure was not,” Therrien said. “We had to make sure we stayed focus about playing the right way.”
Crosby nearly completed the hat trick 3:40 into the final period. His shot from the left wall squeezed through Osgood, but the goalie was able to spin around and cover it before it crossed the goal line.
Hall put the Penguins back in front by two with 12:42 remaining. His first attempt hit the side of the net, but after Osgood got caught out of position, Hall put a shot off the Detroit goalie from behind the cage.
Mikael Samuelsson notched his fifth of the playoffs of third of this series with 6:23 remaining to make it a one-goal game again.
“We have a lot of guys who keep an even keel,” Hall said. “Even if the media or the fans or anybody was second-guessing what we were doing, we knew if we stick to what we know we can be successful.”
Washington Capitals superstar Alex Ovechkin attended the game after he collected the Art Ross and Maurice Richard trophies earlier in the day. Ovechkin sat in commissioner Gary Bettman’s luxury box.
About the Author
- The Capitals' Cup full of dreams
- Capitals' Green left off Canada's roster
- Capitals' new addition brings energy
- Capitals trade their captain to Columbus
- Disastrous first period dooms Capitals
Latest Blog Entries
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors