- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
The Crosby show
Pittsburgh had 15 of them last night in the first 40 minutes.
“The attention was there. The work ethic was there in Game 2, but the structure was not,” Therrien said. “We had to make sure we stayed focus about playing the right way.”
Crosby nearly completed the hat trick 3:40 into the final period. His shot from the left wall squeezed through Osgood, but the goalie was able to spin around and cover it before it crossed the goal line.
Hall put the Penguins back in front by two with 12:42 remaining. His first attempt hit the side of the net, but after Osgood got caught out of position, Hall put a shot off the Detroit goalie from behind the cage.
Mikael Samuelsson notched his fifth of the playoffs of third of this series with 6:23 remaining to make it a one-goal game again.
“We have a lot of guys who keep an even keel,” Hall said. “Even if the media or the fans or anybody was second-guessing what we were doing, we knew if we stick to what we know we can be successful.”
Washington Capitals superstar Alex Ovechkin attended the game after he collected the Art Ross and Maurice Richard trophies earlier in the day. Ovechkin sat in commissioner Gary Bettman’s luxury box.
About the Author
- The Capitals' Cup full of dreams
- Capitals' Green left off Canada's roster
- Capitals' new addition brings energy
- Capitals trade their captain to Columbus
- Disastrous first period dooms Capitals
Latest Blog Entries
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel warns Pakistani leaders of U.S. aid losses over drone-strike protests
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow