- Islamic State orders female genital mutilation for Mosul girls, U.N. says
- Israeli fire hits U.N. facility in Gaza, killing 15
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Pro-Palestinian protesters attack Israeli soccer team in Austria match
- Virginia police: 2 dead after storm at campground
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo launches statewide task force to collect LGBT data
- Obama’s motorcade prevents woman in labor from crossing street to hospital
- Grijalva: Anti-trafficking law ‘line in the sand for many of us’
Nats affiliates roundup
Question of the Day
Rochester at Columbus, ppd.: The Clippers’ home game was rained out. No makeup date was announced.
Connecticut 3, Harrisburg 2: Michael Daniel (.327) went 4-for-5 for the Senators in their home loss. Justin Maxwell (.215) hit his fifth home run. Tristan Crawford (4.15) allowed only one run on five hits and no walks while striking out six in six innings. Beltran Perez (1-1, 2.95) took the loss, giving up one run — a leadoff homer to David Maroul in the ninth — in the final two innings.
Myrtle Beach 11, Potomac 5: Chris Marrero (.245) went 2-for-2 with three walks, his fifth home run and three RBI, but the Nationals lost on the road. Potomac starter Jhonny Nunez (0-4, 6.16) allowed five runs in four innings. The Nationals’ lead in the Carolina League’s Northern Division shrunk to 2½ games over Baltimore Orioles affiliate Frederick, a 12-6 winner at home over Kinston.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq