- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Nats affiliates roundup
Rochester at Columbus, ppd.: The Clippers’ home game was rained out. No makeup date was announced.
Connecticut 3, Harrisburg 2:Michael Daniel (.327) went 4-for-5 for the Senators in their home loss. Justin Maxwell (.215) hit his fifth home run. Tristan Crawford (4.15) allowed only one run on five hits and no walks while striking out six in six innings. Beltran Perez (1-1, 2.95) took the loss, giving up one run — a leadoff homer to David Maroul in the ninth — in the final two innings.
Myrtle Beach 11, Potomac 5: Chris Marrero (.245) went 2-for-2 with three walks, his fifth home run and three RBI, but the Nationals lost on the road. Potomac starter Jhonny Nunez (0-4, 6.16) allowed five runs in four innings. The Nationals’ lead in the Carolina League’s Northern Division shrunk to 2½ games over Baltimore Orioles affiliate Frederick, a 12-6 winner at home over Kinston.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again