- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
SUNDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
ON WASHINGTONTIMES.COM » AN EXCERPT FROM D1SCOURSE
A lot of area basketball fans have to be happy and peeved at the same time right about now.
Happy because Maryland and Georgetown (or is it Georgetown and Maryland?) will be playing Sunday night.
Peeved because it’s happening five states away.
The story line to be peddled for the next 48 hours or so will be how Maryland played Georgetown at the Hoyas’ old home court at USAir Arena, how Georgetown never returned the home game, how Maryland had a ton of fans at that Hoyas “home” game in 1993 …
And that’s nice, but the reality of this situation is that once Sunday comes and goes, three of the schools’ last four meetings will have been played in Philadelphia, Anaheim, Calif., and Orlando, Fla.
Anyway, it should be fun seeing DaJuan Summers, Greivis Vasquez, Greg Monroe, Eric Hayes, Austin Freeman, Landon Milbourne and a bunch more on the floor at the same time.
And it’ll be interesting to see how much bragging occurs between the two local fan bases as a result of Sunday’s outcome.
TWT FIVE » CANNED COACHES
Coaches get fired all the time, but here’s a list of the five worst occurrences from the past year or so:
1. Eddie Jordan; One minute he and his wife are handing out food to charity, the next he’s getting the ax from the Wizards just before Thanksgiving.
2. Willie Randolph; Fly out to West Coast. Win game. Get fired at midnight — 3 a.m. back in New York.
About the Author
- WHYNO: Tomas Vokoun gets unexpected Stanley Cup shot with Penguins
- Brandon Meriweather, Redskins' secondary ready for bounceback year
- Kirk Cousins embraces role as Redskins' offseason starter as RG3 rehabs from injury
- Capitals notes: Realignment won't prompt roster remake
- Despite Caps' first-round playoff exit, Adam Oates' first season as coach left a positive taste
Latest Blog Entries
- Redskins injury updates (5/23): WR Pierre Garcon, CB Josh Wilson each had labrum surgery
- Capitals 'love' Matt Hendricks, but how much?
- Wojtek Wolski signs in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League
- Tom Poti won't return to Capitals, plans to continue his NHL career
- Is Tom Wilson ready to be a regular for Capitals?
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Easter symbolizes the freedom to choose eternal life
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.