- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
D.C. school chief gets nod in debate
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
During their presidential debate Wednesday night, Republican John McCain and Democrat Barack Obama sparred over school vouchers, which pay tuition to allow students to attend private schools. Both praised D.C. Schools Chancellor Michelle A. Rhee.
Mr. Obama cited her support for charter schools.
Mr. McCain interjected that she also supports vouchers, which Mr. Obama opposes.
Mrs. Rhee supports both approaches.
In an interview with the Wall Street Journal last year, Mrs. Rhee said, "I would never, as long as I am in this role, do anything to limit another parent's ability to make a choice for their child. ... For way too long in this country, choice in education was something that was reserved for rich people in the suburbs.
"I'm a huge proponent of choice, but I'm also an unbelievably competitive person, and my goal is ... to create schools within the system that I believe are the most compelling choices."
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.