- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
HE SAID WHAT?
“I don’t know who it was. But it wasn’t a woman, I know that.” - Charlie Manuel on whom he hugged after the Phillies‘ victory Wednesday night
BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
NFL Week 4
The Redskins look to get back on track against the surprising Browns, the Titans look to stay undefeated when they play the Chiefs and the 49ers face the defending-champion Giants.
Capitals vs. Devils
The Caps are the highest-scoring team in the NHL so far, while the Devils rank second to last in scoring. But New Jersey is also tough on defense, so it will be up to Ovechkin and Co. to be aggressive on offense.
Chase for the Cup
Drivers head to Martinsville, where points leader Jimmie Johnson has won three out of the last four races. Greg Biffle and Jeff Burton are still within striking distance.
Texas vs. Missouri
The Longhorns clipped Oklahoma on Saturday, and it’s time for another Big 12 test. A win by the Tigers really would cloud the conference title picture.
TWT FIVE » WINS IN PHILLIES HISTORY
1. The Phillies win Game 5 of the 1980 World Series over the Kansas City Royals, securing the first championship for the franchise.
2. On the last day of the 1950 season, Dick Sisler hits a go-ahead home run in the 10th inning to help secure the National League pennant, the first for the Phillies in 35 years.
3. The Phillies win Game 5 of the 2008 NLCS over Manny Ramirez and the Dodgers to clinch their first National League title in 15 years.
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.