- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
Question of the Day
HE SAID WHAT?
“I don’t know who it was. But it wasn’t a woman, I know that.” - Charlie Manuel on whom he hugged after the Phillies‘ victory Wednesday night
BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
NFL Week 4
The Redskins look to get back on track against the surprising Browns, the Titans look to stay undefeated when they play the Chiefs and the 49ers face the defending-champion Giants.
Capitals vs. Devils
The Caps are the highest-scoring team in the NHL so far, while the Devils rank second to last in scoring. But New Jersey is also tough on defense, so it will be up to Ovechkin and Co. to be aggressive on offense.
Chase for the Cup
Drivers head to Martinsville, where points leader Jimmie Johnson has won three out of the last four races. Greg Biffle and Jeff Burton are still within striking distance.
Texas vs. Missouri
The Longhorns clipped Oklahoma on Saturday, and it’s time for another Big 12 test. A win by the Tigers really would cloud the conference title picture.
TWT FIVE » WINS IN PHILLIES HISTORY
1. The Phillies win Game 5 of the 1980 World Series over the Kansas City Royals, securing the first championship for the franchise.
2. On the last day of the 1950 season, Dick Sisler hits a go-ahead home run in the 10th inning to help secure the National League pennant, the first for the Phillies in 35 years.
3. The Phillies win Game 5 of the 2008 NLCS over Manny Ramirez and the Dodgers to clinch their first National League title in 15 years.
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world