- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
HE SAID WHAT?
“I don’t know who it was. But it wasn’t a woman, I know that.” - Charlie Manuel on whom he hugged after the Phillies‘ victory Wednesday night
BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
NFL Week 4
The Redskins look to get back on track against the surprising Browns, the Titans look to stay undefeated when they play the Chiefs and the 49ers face the defending-champion Giants.
Capitals vs. Devils
The Caps are the highest-scoring team in the NHL so far, while the Devils rank second to last in scoring. But New Jersey is also tough on defense, so it will be up to Ovechkin and Co. to be aggressive on offense.
Chase for the Cup
Drivers head to Martinsville, where points leader Jimmie Johnson has won three out of the last four races. Greg Biffle and Jeff Burton are still within striking distance.
Texas vs. Missouri
The Longhorns clipped Oklahoma on Saturday, and it’s time for another Big 12 test. A win by the Tigers really would cloud the conference title picture.
TWT FIVE » WINS IN PHILLIES HISTORY
1. The Phillies win Game 5 of the 1980 World Series over the Kansas City Royals, securing the first championship for the franchise.
2. On the last day of the 1950 season, Dick Sisler hits a go-ahead home run in the 10th inning to help secure the National League pennant, the first for the Phillies in 35 years.
3. The Phillies win Game 5 of the 2008 NLCS over Manny Ramirez and the Dodgers to clinch their first National League title in 15 years.
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014