- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
- Obama economy: Rich get richer, as millionaires’ list grows
- Army’s ‘Most Wanted’ fugitive on lam since 1977 nabbed in Florida
- ‘Seinfeld’-loving fraudsters busted on ID theft — of Eric Holder
- Spain, Morocco break up jihadist recruitment cell, arrest 7
- Muslim insurgents shoot then set on fire Buddhist teacher in Thailand
- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
Dick Heller: Maryland stands up to Wake
The Terps also got a break, though it ultimately wasn’t needed, when standout Wake Forest kicker Sam Swank was unable to join the fray because of a quadriceps injury. That left all the Deacons’ booting chores up to redshirt freshman Shane Popham, who obligingly missed two first-half field goals after fumbles by Maryland tailback Da’Rel Scott gave Wake scoring opportunities.
His opposite number, the Terps’ Obi Egekeze, went 4-for-4 on his career day, thereby further distinguishing himself from former Maryland hoopster Obinna Ekezie.
Truly, this was a dandy day when almost nobody in a black uniform could do anything wrong. (Maryland donned its alternate jerseys for the first time in 2008.)
At the finish, Friedgen was discussing dreams and issuing challenges.
“We gotta win every game coming up if we want to win the [ACC’s Atlantic] Division,” he insisted. “And that’s what I want to do, reach the ACC championship game.”
Careful, Ralph. Remember you still have to play three unranked teams (N.C. State, Florida State, Boston College), and the possibility of disaster looms large.
About the Author
- HELLER: Peering into a cracked crystal ball
- HELLER: Jack Pardee a class act during his days in D.C.
- HELLER: Stability is why ACC basketball became a power
- HELLER: Instead of swinging, Eddie Yost just walked away
- HELLER: Not to worry, Nationals' rise is just starting
Latest Blog Entries
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- BRUCE: The power of 'bossy'
- EDITORIAL: Lois Lerner's dilemma
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- U.S.: Malaysia plane's on-board communications purposely shut down
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014