- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
DAN DALY: Simms’ spleen will say otherwise
To which I reply: Tell it to Chris Simms’ spleen.
Polamalu says old-timers like Dick Butkus “couldn’t survive in this type of game. They wouldn’t have enough money. They’d be paying fines all the time.”
Actually, there might be some truth to that. After all, Troy’s teammate, linebacker James Harrison, just got fined $20,000. Butkus’ rookie salary was a mere $18,000 … and all the nails he could eat.
Roger Goodell sure has been handing out fines lately. I can’t make up my mind whether he’s trying to clean up the game or build a strike fund for 2011.
News item: Pacman Jones weighing alcohol treatment plans.
Comment: In other words, he’s scouting around for a facility that has NFL Sunday Ticket.
A source told ESPN’s Ed Werder that Jones was initially despondent about his latest suspension and “was seeing the glass as half-empty. He’s now looking at it as half-full. He’s in a positive frame of mind.”
At this point, I don’t think it’s wise for Pacman to be looking at glasses of any kind - half-empty glasses, half-full glasses, shot glasses, martini glasses …
You’ll be pleased to know Estero (Fla.) High bounced back from its 91-0 annihilation by Naples last week. It lost only 54-0 Friday night to Cape Coral.
About the Author
Dan Daly has been writing about sports for the Washington Times since 1982. He has won numerous national and local awards, appears regularly in NFL Films’ historical features and is the co-author of “The Pro Football Chronicle,” a decade-by-decade history of the game. Follow Dan on Twitter at @dandalyonsports –- or e-mail him at email@example.com.
- DALY: Rookies RG3, Alfred Morris hold their own against two Browns greats
- DALY: Players soon may equate Redskins with winning
- DALY: Quarterbacks waste no time making impact
- DALY: Just the tip of the iceberg for these Redskins
- DALY: Striking a balance integral to Redskins’ success
Latest Blog Entries
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.