- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
DICK HELLER: Schizophrenic squad somehow pulls it out
Finally, when combat was completed and the fans had decamped to their watering holes of choice, Friedgen and his staff were left to wonder whether their football team was headed for the ACC title game Dec. 6 in Tampa, a decent bowl date or oblivion.
The next opportunity to confuse the issue comes Nov. 6 at Virginia Tech’s Lane Stadium, long a house of horrors for visitors. The Hokies are uncharacteristically unranked, which means the Terps figure to stink up the joint. Fans should take heart, however, because two teams currently in the Top 25 (Florida State and Boston College) remain on the schedule.
Meanwhile, Friedgen still must figure how to reach and motivate a football team whose behavior defies logic week in and week out.
About the Author
- HELLER: Peering into a cracked crystal ball
- HELLER: Jack Pardee a class act during his days in D.C.
- HELLER: Stability is why ACC basketball became a power
- HELLER: Instead of swinging, Eddie Yost just walked away
- HELLER: Not to worry, Nationals' rise is just starting
Latest Blog Entries
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!