- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
TODAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
Looking for a bright spot in the Wizards’ season opener against the Nets? No way will there be a rain delay. 7 p.m., CSN and ESPN
Former Redskins end is a first-year candidate for the Hall of Fame. Here’s hoping he wears his “Greatest of All Time” jacket and hands out some of his coins.
Speaking of Hall of Famers, Manning is a shoo-in, but he’s looked awful this season, tossing four picks over his last two games, and his Colts are struggling.
He’s found new life again, this time with the unbeaten Titans. They have asked Collins to hand off and make no mistakes; so far, so good for the 15-year veteran.
The brittle big guy finally makes his professional debut this week with the Portland Trail Blazers more than a year after they took him with the No. 1 pick.
Bud’s back in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons. His track record doesn’t earn baseball’s commish much sympathy, especially in these parts.
A hungry Tim Lemke did a little self-serving investigative journalism on his SportsBiz Blog.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Paul takes veiled shot at Cruz, says GOP must focus on growth
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again