- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Starting over - sort of
Question of the Day
Both teams have to treat this as if the first one to score wins. Certainly whoever takes a lead gains a significant advantage. And obviously the Phillies have a built-in advantage, as Manuel pointed out, because they only need to record nine outs while the Rays need to record 12.
And the strategy won’t be limited solely to the conclusion of Game 5. Say Tampa Bay wins and extends the series. Say MLB decides to add a travel day before Game 6, which league officials wouldn’t rule out Tuesday, even if it remains unlikely. What happens then?
Would Manuel decide to bring back Hamels at some point later in the series? He threw only 75 pitches Monday and, even without an extra travel day, could come back on three days’ rest and at least give Philadelphia a couple of innings.
This is where the Series is now: uncharted territory.
“There’s no telling what will happen next,” Maddon said.
And because of that, maybe this World Series that no one wanted to care about a week ago might prove to be one of the most memorable on record.
About the Author
The Second Amendment applies to the District, too
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq