- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
HE SAID WHAT?
“But I don’t know how I did it. Put a good piece of wood on the bat, and I drove the ball.” — Dodgers outfielder Manny Ramirez, referring to his home run in Game 1 of the National League Division Series.
BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
Division Series baseball
Word has it that the Brewers will start CC Sabathia in every game against the Phillies until his arm falls off. Meanwhile, the Red Sox seek a key 2-0 lead against the Angels in Anaheim, the Cubs try to avoid a disappointing early exit against the Dodgers and the Rays look to continue their surprising season against the White Sox.
Chase for the Cup
NASCAR heads to Talladega, with Kyle Busch looking to repeat his win from earlier this year. He desperately needs a win, too, as he stands at the very bottom of the Chase standings. His average finish in the last four races? Thirtieth.
NFL Week 4
The Redskins head up to Philly for a key NFC East showdown. (Hard to believe that at least one team in that division won’t make the playoffs.) Also, the Giants host the Seahawks, the Cowboys host the lowly Bengals and the surprising Bills look to go 5-0 against the Cardinals.
Auburn at Vanderbilt
The Commodores have a chance to start 5-0 and would control their own destiny toward an SEC title with a win over the Tigers. But Auburn hasn’t lost to Vandy in 13 tries.
TWT FIVE » FAKE RECOMMENDATIONS TO IMPROVE NBA OFFICIATING
1. Move all games to Mandalay Bay and have Don King promote them.
2. Hire Mark Cuban as chief referee supervisor.
3. Ten referees on the court at all times.
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014