- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
College Football Report
Question of the Day
Georgetown (1-1) at Yale (0-0), 12:30 p.m.
Florida A&M (1-1) at Howard (0-2), 1 p.m.
E. Michigan (1-2) at Maryland (2-1), 1 p.m.
McDaniel (1-1) at Catholic (2-0), 1 p.m.
Gallaudet (0-2) at Greensboro (1-1), 1 p.m.
Chowan (1-2) at VMI (1-1), 1:30 p.m.
Maine (2-1) at Richmond (2-1), 3 p.m.
Rutgers (0-2) at Navy (1-2), 3:30 p.m.
Virginia Tech (2-1) at North Carolina (2-0), 3:30 p.m.
North Carolina A&T (2-1) at Hampton (2-1), 6 p.m.
Morgan St. (1-1) at Winston-Salem (0-2), 6 p.m.
Towson (1-2) at Coastal Carolina (1-2), 7 p.m.
Appalachian St. (1-1) at James Madison (2-1), 7 p.m.
Norfolk St. (2-1) at William & Mary (1-1), 7 p.m.
Bowie State (1-1) at Livingstone (0-3), 7 p.m.
About the Author
Patrick Stevens has covered Maryland and other Mid-Atlantic college sports for more than a decade. You can reach him at email@example.com.
- George Mason's defense dissipates in 84-74 loss to Northeastern
- Maryland's Pe'Shon Howard willing to let others put ball in the basket
- At 7-5, George Mason looks on the bright side entering CAA play
- Terps beat IUPUI, set for ACC after final tuneup
- Maryland's Jake Layman shows signs of progress in freshman season
Latest Blog Entries
There's nothing centrist about the senior senator from Virginia
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq