- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
FRIDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
Paul Azinger has put together one of the least-experienced teams ever for the Americans. But they’re at home at Valhalla in Louisville, Ky., and they are probably having more fun than Tiger would have.
LSU at Auburn
These two teams have given up a total of 41 points in five games. (LSU last week beat Mississippi State 3-2.) Will this be another tense defensive battle, or will the SEC ever provide a shootout to enjoy?
Cowboys at Packers
Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers will get his first big test of the year. Though this is just his third career start, he did put up a gallant effort in place of an injured Brett Favre during a loss to Dallas last season.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Camping World 400
The Chase continues Sunday in Dover, Del., with Carl Edwards and Jimmie Johnson tied for the lead. But Kyle Busch could get back into it with a repeat of his win in June.
TWT FIVE » REASONS WHY NED YOST WAS FIRED
1. He put mustard on the Miller Park bratwurst instead of the famous “Secret Stadium Sauce.”
2. He lost $25,000 in bets on sixth inning sausage race.
3. He came to the ballpark hung over after a late night of drinking with Bernie Brewer.
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.