- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick’s parade that won’t allow gays
- Houston dad kills boy, 17, in daughter’s room in mistaken ID tragedy
- Rep. David Jolly ready to work with Democrats on compromise
Plan to secure U.S. borders still ‘ambiguous’
“As a result, the risk of SBInet not meeting mission needs and performing as intended is increased, as are the chances of expensive and time-consuming system rework,” the agency said. “The program office has not tested the individual system components to be deployed to the initial deployment locations, even though the contractor initiated integration testing of these components with other system components and subsystems in June 2008.”
While a test management strategy was drafted in May, the GAO said it has not been finalized and approved, and it does not contain, among other things, a clear definition of testing roles and responsibilities; a high-level master schedule of SBInet test activities; or sufficient detail to effectively guide project-specific test planning.
“Without a structured and disciplined approach to testing, the risk that SBInet will not satisfy user needs and operational requirements, thus requiring system rework, is increased,” the GAO said.
About the Author
Jerry Seper is the investigative editor for The Washington Times.
- With bombs away, drug traffickers and illegal immigrants make their play
- Medical-device company exec admits to bilking shareholders of $400M
- Justice Dept: Florida's disabled children unnecessarily put in nursing facilities
- Man gets 11 years in Philadelphia mob crackdown
- Eric Holder asks for respect from protesters of George Zimmerman verdict
Latest Blog Entries
By Tammy Bruce
Sheryl Sandberg, Beyonce are bossy women trying to ban bossy from our vocabulary
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick's parade that won't allow gays
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- U.S.: Malaysia plane's on-board communications purposely shut down
- BRUCE: The power of bossy
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014