- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
FRIDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
Olympic gold medalist Elena Dementieva takes on Jelena Jankovic, and Serena Williams battles Darina Safina for a shot in the U.S. Open final. 12:30 p.m. Chs. 9, 13
BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
Jets at Dolphins
Brett Favre makes his regular-season debut wearing a different shade of green. And he gets a nice welcoming gift in the form of a lowly Miami squad.
On paper, this should be an easy win for the Mountaineers. But ECU, coached by Skip Holtz, is coming off a big upset win over Virginia Tech.
Phillies at Mets
Philadelphia has allowed New York to take control of the National League East, but it could be a whole different story by the end of the weekend. Sunday night’s matchup between Cole Hamels and Johan Santana may be the best pitching duel of the year.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Rock & Roll 400
It’s the last race before the Chase, with several drivers hanging right around the bubble. But the biggest question surrounding this race is whether Tropical Storm Hanna washes out the weekend.
TWT FIVE POSSIBLE JOBS FOR DAUNTE CULPEPPER
1. Player agent - He has done such a phenomenal job representing himself. Surely other players would flock to take advantage of his services.
2. Professional shuffleboard player - Retirement is tough. But if he goes back to his home state of Florida, he will find plenty of the world’s best players to compete with.
3. Mixed martial arts heavyweight - If Brock Lesnar could try out for the Vikings, Culpepper could give it a go in the UFC.
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014