- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
Question of the Day
FRIDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
Olympic gold medalist Elena Dementieva takes on Jelena Jankovic, and Serena Williams battles Darina Safina for a shot in the U.S. Open final. 12:30 p.m. Chs. 9, 13
BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
Jets at Dolphins
Brett Favre makes his regular-season debut wearing a different shade of green. And he gets a nice welcoming gift in the form of a lowly Miami squad.
On paper, this should be an easy win for the Mountaineers. But ECU, coached by Skip Holtz, is coming off a big upset win over Virginia Tech.
Phillies at Mets
Philadelphia has allowed New York to take control of the National League East, but it could be a whole different story by the end of the weekend. Sunday night’s matchup between Cole Hamels and Johan Santana may be the best pitching duel of the year.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Rock & Roll 400
It’s the last race before the Chase, with several drivers hanging right around the bubble. But the biggest question surrounding this race is whether Tropical Storm Hanna washes out the weekend.
TWT FIVE POSSIBLE JOBS FOR DAUNTE CULPEPPER
1. Player agent - He has done such a phenomenal job representing himself. Surely other players would flock to take advantage of his services.
2. Professional shuffleboard player - Retirement is tough. But if he goes back to his home state of Florida, he will find plenty of the world’s best players to compete with.
3. Mixed martial arts heavyweight - If Brock Lesnar could try out for the Vikings, Culpepper could give it a go in the UFC.
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world