1. Vacating wins - OK, violations happen, but ripping banners down and “vacating” championships is absurd.
2. Ripping down everything else - Every time a venue hosts an NCAA championship, title banners (and attendance ones) must go away, along with all signage. Sensitivity, anyone?
3. Uniformity - Any person on the basketball floor must put food and drinks into a uniform cup (this year it’s VitaminWater). It’s all about sterility.
4. Aluminum bats - To get serious for a minute, they’re less safe than wood ones.
5. Emphasis on graduation rates - It’s great to get athletes to graduate, but to borrow a Gary Williams mantra, who wouldn’t leave college early to get a six-figure salary?
By Rand Paul
Obama acts as though we no longer have a Constitution
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
A politically conservative and morally liberal Hebrew alpha male hunts left-wing viper
A collection of communities writers columns on Benghazi
Positive propaganda for a nation in peril.
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall
NRA kicks off annual convention
California wildfires wreak havoc