- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
NFL REPORT: New wedge guideline may be full of holes
c Former Redskins defensive end Jason Taylor could end up back in Miami. He has expressed interest in signing with New England but went public with his desire to return to the Dolphins and play opposite Joey Porter in a 3-4 alignment. Problem is, Taylor said he won't play for the league's minimum salary.
c Pittsburgh (April 20-21) will be the first team to conduct organized team activities. Each team is allowed 14 OTAs, and the last team to finish up is Tennessee on June 26. The Redskins have their OTAs on May 4-7, June 1-4 and June 8-11.
INSIDE THE DRAFT
c It would be stunning if the Bears don't address their receiver corps. Chicago traded its first round pick to Denver in the Jay Cutler deal last week and has only two selections in the first 100. The five receivers on the Bears' roster combined for 86 catches and five touchdowns last year - all by two players (Rashied Davis and Devin Hester).
c Missouri wideout Jeremy Maclin continues to impress. At the Tigers' pro day, he ran a 4.43-second 40-yard dash and had a 35.5-inch vertical leap. If teams get scared off by Michael Crabtree's foot injury, Maclin could be the first receiver drafted.
c Hailredskins.com has tracked down 198 mock drafts, and the results are as follows: 41 mocks have the Redskins taking Michael Oher, 99 have them taking an offensive tackle and 106 have them taking an offensive player. Only 15 mocks have the Redskins drafting a linebacker.
FRIDAY FIVE ” Mr. Irrevelants (final draft choices) since 2004
2004: LB Andre Sommersell, Oakland - Cut in training camp. Now a coach in Germany.
2005: TE Andy Stokes, New England - Cut in training camp. Released by Arizona in 2006.
2006: WR Kevin McMahan, Oakland - Cut in training camp. Released by Giants in 2008.
2007: CB Ramzee Robinson, Detroit - Made practice squad. Has played in 19 games.
2008: LB David Vobora, St. Louis - Played eight games, including one start (the first for a Mr. Irrelevant since 1994).
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Paul takes veiled shot at Cruz, says GOP must focus on growth
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- VIDEO: Emily Miller on Fox Business "The Independents" special "The Gun Show"
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- Stolen European passports on Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777
- Gates: Obama strategy won't stop Putin
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again