- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
NFL REPORT: New wedge guideline may be full of holes
Question of the Day
c Former Redskins defensive end Jason Taylor could end up back in Miami. He has expressed interest in signing with New England but went public with his desire to return to the Dolphins and play opposite Joey Porter in a 3-4 alignment. Problem is, Taylor said he won't play for the league's minimum salary.
c Pittsburgh (April 20-21) will be the first team to conduct organized team activities. Each team is allowed 14 OTAs, and the last team to finish up is Tennessee on June 26. The Redskins have their OTAs on May 4-7, June 1-4 and June 8-11.
INSIDE THE DRAFT
c It would be stunning if the Bears don't address their receiver corps. Chicago traded its first round pick to Denver in the Jay Cutler deal last week and has only two selections in the first 100. The five receivers on the Bears' roster combined for 86 catches and five touchdowns last year - all by two players (Rashied Davis and Devin Hester).
c Missouri wideout Jeremy Maclin continues to impress. At the Tigers' pro day, he ran a 4.43-second 40-yard dash and had a 35.5-inch vertical leap. If teams get scared off by Michael Crabtree's foot injury, Maclin could be the first receiver drafted.
c Hailredskins.com has tracked down 198 mock drafts, and the results are as follows: 41 mocks have the Redskins taking Michael Oher, 99 have them taking an offensive tackle and 106 have them taking an offensive player. Only 15 mocks have the Redskins drafting a linebacker.
FRIDAY FIVE ” Mr. Irrevelants (final draft choices) since 2004
2004: LB Andre Sommersell, Oakland - Cut in training camp. Now a coach in Germany.
2005: TE Andy Stokes, New England - Cut in training camp. Released by Arizona in 2006.
2006: WR Kevin McMahan, Oakland - Cut in training camp. Released by Giants in 2008.
2007: CB Ramzee Robinson, Detroit - Made practice squad. Has played in 19 games.
2008: LB David Vobora, St. Louis - Played eight games, including one start (the first for a Mr. Irrelevant since 1994).
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Humanists seek support from Congress on military chaplains
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Big milestone for Britain's little prince
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq