- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
NFL REPORT: New wedge guideline may be full of holes
c Former Redskins defensive end Jason Taylor could end up back in Miami. He has expressed interest in signing with New England but went public with his desire to return to the Dolphins and play opposite Joey Porter in a 3-4 alignment. Problem is, Taylor said he won't play for the league's minimum salary.
c Pittsburgh (April 20-21) will be the first team to conduct organized team activities. Each team is allowed 14 OTAs, and the last team to finish up is Tennessee on June 26. The Redskins have their OTAs on May 4-7, June 1-4 and June 8-11.
INSIDE THE DRAFT
c It would be stunning if the Bears don't address their receiver corps. Chicago traded its first round pick to Denver in the Jay Cutler deal last week and has only two selections in the first 100. The five receivers on the Bears' roster combined for 86 catches and five touchdowns last year - all by two players (Rashied Davis and Devin Hester).
c Missouri wideout Jeremy Maclin continues to impress. At the Tigers' pro day, he ran a 4.43-second 40-yard dash and had a 35.5-inch vertical leap. If teams get scared off by Michael Crabtree's foot injury, Maclin could be the first receiver drafted.
c Hailredskins.com has tracked down 198 mock drafts, and the results are as follows: 41 mocks have the Redskins taking Michael Oher, 99 have them taking an offensive tackle and 106 have them taking an offensive player. Only 15 mocks have the Redskins drafting a linebacker.
FRIDAY FIVE ” Mr. Irrevelants (final draft choices) since 2004
2004: LB Andre Sommersell, Oakland - Cut in training camp. Now a coach in Germany.
2005: TE Andy Stokes, New England - Cut in training camp. Released by Arizona in 2006.
2006: WR Kevin McMahan, Oakland - Cut in training camp. Released by Giants in 2008.
2007: CB Ramzee Robinson, Detroit - Made practice squad. Has played in 19 games.
2008: LB David Vobora, St. Louis - Played eight games, including one start (the first for a Mr. Irrelevant since 1994).
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Study: Children fare better in traditional mom-dad families
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.