- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
NFL REPORT: New wedge guideline may be full of holes
c Former Redskins defensive end Jason Taylor could end up back in Miami. He has expressed interest in signing with New England but went public with his desire to return to the Dolphins and play opposite Joey Porter in a 3-4 alignment. Problem is, Taylor said he won't play for the league's minimum salary.
c Pittsburgh (April 20-21) will be the first team to conduct organized team activities. Each team is allowed 14 OTAs, and the last team to finish up is Tennessee on June 26. The Redskins have their OTAs on May 4-7, June 1-4 and June 8-11.
INSIDE THE DRAFT
c It would be stunning if the Bears don't address their receiver corps. Chicago traded its first round pick to Denver in the Jay Cutler deal last week and has only two selections in the first 100. The five receivers on the Bears' roster combined for 86 catches and five touchdowns last year - all by two players (Rashied Davis and Devin Hester).
c Missouri wideout Jeremy Maclin continues to impress. At the Tigers' pro day, he ran a 4.43-second 40-yard dash and had a 35.5-inch vertical leap. If teams get scared off by Michael Crabtree's foot injury, Maclin could be the first receiver drafted.
c Hailredskins.com has tracked down 198 mock drafts, and the results are as follows: 41 mocks have the Redskins taking Michael Oher, 99 have them taking an offensive tackle and 106 have them taking an offensive player. Only 15 mocks have the Redskins drafting a linebacker.
FRIDAY FIVE ” Mr. Irrevelants (final draft choices) since 2004
2004: LB Andre Sommersell, Oakland - Cut in training camp. Now a coach in Germany.
2005: TE Andy Stokes, New England - Cut in training camp. Released by Arizona in 2006.
2006: WR Kevin McMahan, Oakland - Cut in training camp. Released by Giants in 2008.
2007: CB Ramzee Robinson, Detroit - Made practice squad. Has played in 19 games.
2008: LB David Vobora, St. Louis - Played eight games, including one start (the first for a Mr. Irrelevant since 1994).
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Activists encourage Obama to circumvent Congress, use more executive authority
- Obama lived with Uncle Onyango Obama in the 1980s, White House admits
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
Understanding economic events with a free market explanation
John Wood illustrates a new American politics, and the path to get there.
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
White House pets gone wild!