- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
2009 NFL mock draft
Question of the Day
Last year the Patriots drafted inside linebacker Jerod Mayo, and he started right away. Laurinaitis may be a slight reach, but he can team with Mayo for years.
24. Atlanta: Clint Sintim, LB, Virginia
The Falcons parted ways with Keith Brooking and need immediate help on the weak side. Sintim played in a 3-4 defense but should be able to make the transition.
25. Miami: Alex Mack, C, California
The Dolphins added center Jake Grove in free agency, but Mack can play right guard while preparing to be the center of the future.
26. Baltimore: Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland
Unless the Ravens trade this pick in a package for Anquan Boldin, taking Heyward-Bey is a no-brainer. He’s the fastest player in the draft.
27. Indianapolis: Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio State
One of the late risers of the draft, the Colts hit with Ohio State’s Anthony Gonzalez two years ago. Taking Robiskie would allow Gonzalez to stay in the slot.
28. Buffalo: William Beatty, OL, Connecticut
The Bills acquired this pick in the Jason Peters deal with Philadelphia, and they need a new left tackle. Beatty is equally efficient as a run and pass blocker.
29. N.Y. Giants: Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina
The Giants are trying to acquire Braylon Edwards from Cleveland, but the fallback to add size at receiver is Nicks, who averaged 18 yards a catch last year.
30. Tennessee: Percy Harvin, WR, Florida
Despite durability and character issues, Harvin’s production - 16.1 yards a catch last year - is too good for the passing-starved Titans to pass up.
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq