- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Question of the Day
NEWSMAKERS: WHO'S MAKING HEADLINES THIS WEEK
No, he wasn't the first quarterback drafted (Matthew Stafford), but the former USC starter gets to jump right into the New York media circus with the Jets.
In another sad chapter in the life of the former NBA player, Williams had to be Tasered and taken to the hospital after apparently being suicidal.
The Presidents' Trophy-winning Sharks did what they do every year: choke in the playoffs. Meet hockey's version of Alex Rodriguez.
Anthony scored 26 points as the Nuggets matched the most lopsided NBA playoff victory, beating the Hornets by 58 points. Ouch.
The return watch is on, and May 15 can't come soon enough for the Yankees, who have relied in part on washed-up Angel Berroa at third base.
TWT FIVE: KENTUCKY DERBY CONTENDERS
The top five horses for Saturday's race at Churchill Downs:
1. Pioneer of the Nile - The top horse from out west must adjust to dirt from synthetics. If he does, he will blow away this field.
2. I Want Revenge - The only horse who got his work in Tuesday morning, he's likely to be the morning-line favorite.
3. Dunkirk - After a lot of horses got knocked out, he's the most likely gray horse to win it.
4. Desert Party - The Godolphin-owned colt disappointed in Dubai, but he has never had two bad races in a row.
5. Friesan Fire - The son of Derby winner A.P. Indy won the Louisiana Derby in a romp, but going 1 1/4 miles is a new challenge.
HE SAID WHAT?
"I hate putting blame on my teammates, and I'm not here to do that. But we know what we need to get better at..." - Ryan Zimmerman after the Nationals' bullpen collapse Monday
About the Author
- WHYNO: Tomas Vokoun gets unexpected Stanley Cup shot with Penguins
- Brandon Meriweather, Redskins' secondary ready for bounceback year
- Kirk Cousins embraces role as Redskins' offseason starter as RG3 rehabs from injury
- Capitals notes: Realignment won't prompt roster remake
- Despite Caps' first-round playoff exit, Adam Oates' first season as coach left a positive taste
Latest Blog Entries
- Redskins injury updates (5/23): WR Pierre Garcon, CB Josh Wilson each had labrum surgery
- Capitals 'love' Matt Hendricks, but how much?
- Wojtek Wolski signs in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League
- Tom Poti won't return to Capitals, plans to continue his NHL career
- Is Tom Wilson ready to be a regular for Capitals?
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- Federal deficit shrinks 20 percent in fiscal 2014
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!