- Conrado Marrero dies at 102; ex-Senator was oldest living MLB player
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
SEEN AND HEARD AT VERIZON CENTER
Wizards forward Antawn Jamison was named the Southeast Division’s winner of the 2008-09 NBA Sportsmanship Award. He’s a finalist for the leaguewide honor, and the winner will be announced after the regular season.
A seven-member panel of former NBA players selected Jamison. The other division winners are Boston’s Ray Allen, Denver’s Chauncey Billups, Detroit’s Antonio McDyess, Golden State’s Ronny Turiaf and San Antonio’s Michael Finley.
“It does mean something to me, for people to think of me as not just a player. But I think it speaks volumes of how I carry myself off the court,” Jamison said. “Grant Hill won it last year, so to be up there with him, it just says that I’ve been able to not just do everything right on the court, but also represent the game of basketball the way it was meant to be represented as a person.”
Jamison, in his 11th season in the NBA, entered Thursday as the Wizards‘ leader in points (22.4) and rebounds (9.0).
— Mike Jones
“We wouldn’t be the Wizards if we didn’t have at least one issue — this year at least.”
— Interim coach Ed Tapscott on his team losing another player — backup point guard Javaris Crittenton (back spasms) — to injury
BY THE NUMBERS
280 Games combined that Wizards players have missed because of injury this season.
About the Author
- Wizards respond on practice court
- Saunders flips out about Wizards' defense
- Saunders fumes as Wizards regress
- Wizards close out 2009 with another loss
- Late breakdown costs Wizards in Memphis
Latest Blog Entries
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
- Justice Dept.'s new clemency guidelines: Crack offenders most obvious candidates
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014