- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
Question of the Day
SEEN AND HEARD AT VERIZON CENTER
Wizards forward Antawn Jamison was named the Southeast Division’s winner of the 2008-09 NBA Sportsmanship Award. He’s a finalist for the leaguewide honor, and the winner will be announced after the regular season.
A seven-member panel of former NBA players selected Jamison. The other division winners are Boston’s Ray Allen, Denver’s Chauncey Billups, Detroit’s Antonio McDyess, Golden State’s Ronny Turiaf and San Antonio’s Michael Finley.
“It does mean something to me, for people to think of me as not just a player. But I think it speaks volumes of how I carry myself off the court,” Jamison said. “Grant Hill won it last year, so to be up there with him, it just says that I’ve been able to not just do everything right on the court, but also represent the game of basketball the way it was meant to be represented as a person.”
Jamison, in his 11th season in the NBA, entered Thursday as the Wizards‘ leader in points (22.4) and rebounds (9.0).
— Mike Jones
“We wouldn’t be the Wizards if we didn’t have at least one issue — this year at least.”
— Interim coach Ed Tapscott on his team losing another player — backup point guard Javaris Crittenton (back spasms) — to injury
BY THE NUMBERS
280 Games combined that Wizards players have missed because of injury this season.
About the Author
- Wizards respond on practice court
- Saunders flips out about Wizards' defense
- Saunders fumes as Wizards regress
- Wizards close out 2009 with another loss
- Late breakdown costs Wizards in Memphis
Latest Blog Entries
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq