- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
SEEN AND HEARD AT VERIZON CENTER
Wizards forward Antawn Jamison was named the Southeast Division's winner of the 2008-09 NBA Sportsmanship Award. He's a finalist for the leaguewide honor, and the winner will be announced after the regular season.
A seven-member panel of former NBA players selected Jamison. The other division winners are Boston's Ray Allen, Denver's Chauncey Billups, Detroit's Antonio McDyess, Golden State's Ronny Turiaf and San Antonio's Michael Finley.
"It does mean something to me, for people to think of me as not just a player. But I think it speaks volumes of how I carry myself off the court," Jamison said. "Grant Hill won it last year, so to be up there with him, it just says that I've been able to not just do everything right on the court, but also represent the game of basketball the way it was meant to be represented as a person."
Jamison, in his 11th season in the NBA, entered Thursday as the Wizards' leader in points (22.4) and rebounds (9.0).
— Mike Jones
“We wouldn't be the Wizards if we didn't have at least one issue — this year at least.”
— Interim coach Ed Tapscott on his team losing another player — backup point guard Javaris Crittenton (back spasms) — to injury
BY THE NUMBERS
280 Games combined that Wizards players have missed because of injury this season.
About the Author
- Wizards respond on practice court
- Saunders flips out about Wizards' defense
- Saunders fumes as Wizards regress
- Wizards close out 2009 with another loss
- Late breakdown costs Wizards in Memphis
Latest Blog Entries
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.