- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles embattled Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
- NSA chief defends phone spying: ‘There is no other way’
- Hawaii Health Department head killed in plane crash
- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl’s hand
Question of the Day
SEEN AND HEARD AT VERIZON CENTER
Wizards forward Antawn Jamison was named the Southeast Division's winner of the 2008-09 NBA Sportsmanship Award. He's a finalist for the leaguewide honor, and the winner will be announced after the regular season.
A seven-member panel of former NBA players selected Jamison. The other division winners are Boston's Ray Allen, Denver's Chauncey Billups, Detroit's Antonio McDyess, Golden State's Ronny Turiaf and San Antonio's Michael Finley.
"It does mean something to me, for people to think of me as not just a player. But I think it speaks volumes of how I carry myself off the court," Jamison said. "Grant Hill won it last year, so to be up there with him, it just says that I've been able to not just do everything right on the court, but also represent the game of basketball the way it was meant to be represented as a person."
Jamison, in his 11th season in the NBA, entered Thursday as the Wizards' leader in points (22.4) and rebounds (9.0).
— Mike Jones
“We wouldn't be the Wizards if we didn't have at least one issue — this year at least.”
— Interim coach Ed Tapscott on his team losing another player — backup point guard Javaris Crittenton (back spasms) — to injury
BY THE NUMBERS
280 Games combined that Wizards players have missed because of injury this season.
About the Author
- Wizards respond on practice court
- Saunders flips out about Wizards' defense
- Saunders fumes as Wizards regress
- Wizards close out 2009 with another loss
- Late breakdown costs Wizards in Memphis
Latest Blog Entries
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Washington Post to readers: Send us your gun violence stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgment in Heller II
- Study IDs reasons for late-term abortions
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Positive propaganda for a nation in peril.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow