NEWSMAKERS --WHO'S MAKING HEADLINES THIS WEEK
The more news that comes out about his cab driver incident, the more it seems like the Blackhawks forward is innocent.
Stepping out of his politically correct facade, Woods gets major points for standing up for Padraig Harrington.
Seriously, people believe this guy? Seriously?
Sore toe. Uh-oh. Time for reporters to line up on Owens' lawn and watch him do toe exercises in his driveway.
He became just the second player to hit for the cycle and turn an unassisted triple play (John Valentin).
TWT FIVE " BEST CYCLE NAMES
In honor of Troy Tulowitzki hitting for the cycle Monday, here's a look at some of the best names of players who hit for the cycle:
1. Baby Doll Jacobson - In 1912, he hit a home run and a band in the grandstand played the song "Oh You Beautiful Doll." The next day, the Mobile Register's headline was "That Baby Doll."
2. Pie Traynor - Harold Joseph Traynor earned the nickname for his fondness for pie.
3. Hoot Evers - He liked the films of cowboy Richard "Hoot" Gibson so much that he started getting called Hoot.
4. Kiki Cuyler - Hazen Shirley Cuyler got the name when he stuttered while trying to pronounce his last name.
5. Ski Melillo - He would've gotten onto this list for his other nickname, too: Spinach.
HE SAID WHAT?
"I really tried everything to make that temporary comeback possible. ... I am disappointed to the core." - Michael Schumacher upon calling off his Formula One return