- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
PGA Championship report
Question of the Day
Defending champ chokes on the final day
CHALLENGING TIGER [up]
Paddy falls apart, but Yang certainly steps up
Yang joins Cink, Glover as first-time major winners this year
Only two U.S. players finish in top nine
POSTCARD FROM HAZELTINE
CHASKA, Minn. — How big is Tiger’s impact on an event? CBS sent out an e-mail stating Saturday’s ratings at Hazeltine were up 390 percent from the third round at Oakland Hills last year, when Woods was sidelined after knee surgery. …
Cut victims Adam Scott and Sergio Garcia entered this week’s PGA Tour event in Greensboro, N.C., in last-ditch efforts to move up in the FedEx Cup race. Scott (110th entering the PGA Championship) and Garcia (114th) are locks to get in the field for the Barclays, the first event of golf’s postseason. But barring a pair of strong finishes, both are in jeopardy of missing the Deutsche Bank (100 players) the following week and are well outside the field parameters for BMW Championship qualification (70). …
Congratulations to Ryo Ishikawa (8-over 296) for becoming the youngest player to make a major cut this week. The 17-year-old from Japan already boasts five pro victories in Asia and looks like a can’t-miss future star.
— Barker Davis
TIGER’S LAST CHANCES
About the Author
- Hoyas open Big East play with win
- Hoyas starting off with familiar test
- Back Judge: The bowl smorgasbord awaits
- Behind trio, Hoyas post matinee win
- Hoyas quickly bounce back
Latest Blog Entries
- WHYNO: Tomas Vokoun gets unexpected Stanley Cup shot with Penguins
- Brandon Meriweather, Redskins' secondary ready for bounceback year
- Kirk Cousins embraces role as Redskins' offseason starter as RG3 rehabs from injury
- Capitals notes: Realignment won't prompt roster remake
- Despite Caps' first-round playoff exit, Adam Oates' first season as coach left a positive taste
Latest Blog Entries
- Redskins injury updates (5/23): WR Pierre Garcon, CB Josh Wilson each had labrum surgery
- Capitals 'love' Matt Hendricks, but how much?
- Wojtek Wolski signs in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League
- Tom Poti won't return to Capitals, plans to continue his NHL career
- Is Tom Wilson ready to be a regular for Capitals?
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq